A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 1 April 2018

Vintage Santa Paper

The Jingle Belles challenge is asking for "the spirit of Christmas past" - anything that speaks of vintage Christmas to us.

When I worked as a librarian, I would sometimes check discarded damaged books for useful paper, images, etc. that I could use for card-making - and that's where my fabulous background paper of vintage Santas came from - perfect for this challenge.


I wanted my fabulous sentiment stamp to take centre stage - I just love what it says about believing in Santa and other Christmas things. I stamped it and heat embossed it, then cut it out with a frame-lit die and popped it up on dimensionals, punched some holly leaves to fill the very empty lower corner to give some balance and interest, and finished with red gemstones.

I'm also linking it up at the "anything goes" at the Merry Christmas Challenge.





Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - PTI white cs, scrap of end page from old book, scrap of green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - platinum embossing powder, Sissix Framelit die, red gemstones, holly leaf punc



10 comments:

  1. awesome image Susan, so cool that you kept this from one of your old books and that Kay Foley stamp is so perfect for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is something else, Susan and love that sentiment! It's so true too. This is so unique. You have some of the most terrific stamps I've seen and love how you use them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect Vintage paper behind your framed "fun" sentiment, Susan. We always told our 3 kids that if you did not believe in Santa he stops bringing toys:-) They believed in Santa much longer than their little friends! TFS, my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I loved laying my eyes on that amazing paper and then I fell in love with that wonderful sediment! Amazing, Susan!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sentiment and great save with the wonderful paper background x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas Card! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a Santa Gal, so this one I ADORE!! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun sentiment, Susan! That damaged book was a real find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that sentiment ... love those vintage Santas ... so very glad you joined us at to celebrate Christmas PAST with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that really IS the best sentiment EVER and you've showcased it perfectly! plus the vintage santas are gorgeous! thanks for celebrating xmas PAST with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.