A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 4 December 2017

Red and Green

This week's Less is More Challenge is:


I made this card:


I stamped the image, then coloured with Copics, not bothering to blend the green branches as I wanted them to look rustic like the image.  I added a bit of shading to ground the tree, trimmed the panel and bordered on one side only with thin strips of red and green cs to emphasis the challenge criteria.

While I had the stamp out, I made two more versions of the same tree:


This one is stamped on watercoloured paper and painted with metallic watercolours, bordered in black, and on a dark gold card base to match the gold of the stars.


I stamped it on watercolour paper and used my Zig markers to colour everything except the stars which I coloured with a glitter gel pen. I did a bit of pale brown colouring under it to ground it and splattered a bit of the same brown and also some gold watercolour paint. I used a warm gold cardbase that matches the gold in the stars.

I used my new Jofy stamp set - not my usual style of Christmas tree but it's kind of fun, isn't it?




Supplies:
Stamps - Jofy tree and sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black for the Copics one, Ranger Archival Jet Black for the other two
Paper - white, red, and green cs for the first card;  watercolour paper, black cs, and dark gold shimmer cs for the second card;  watercolour paper and bright gold shimmer cs for the third card
Size - A2
Accessories - Copics for the first card;  metallic watercolours for the second;  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Watercolour markers, Atyou Spica gold glitter pen, and gold paint for the third



6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to have that tree. I absolutely love Jofy stamps and you did a great job with this stamp! These are fun cards! It's fun to do whimsy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet festive tree and 3 very different CAS designs using different color combos and framing. I need to look into Jofy stamps. Fun whimsical stamp by friend. TFS Susan. Happy Holidays. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun trees, great inspiration for me to pull mine out. I especially love the one coloured with zigs, it's so bright and festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this rustic tree! Three very different looks with this one stamp! Way to go my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lot of fun, Susan. Adorable tree and looks fantastic all the ways you've coloured it. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So contemporary and such fun x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.