A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Pink Poinsettia, Red Berries


Trying to get lots of Christmas cards done, so was sparked by the Christmas Card Throwdown's colour challenge of pink, red, and green.


I had the perfect stamp that lent itself to the three colours:


I stamped on watercolour paper and painted the image with my Gansai Tambi paints.  I added a very pale pink wash around the outside of the image but it scarcely shows up in the photo.

It's bordered in red cs and embellished with some pearls in the centre of the poinsettia.

Thanks for dropping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black florals, Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - cream and red cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, white pearls



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolouring Susan. The shading of your leaves and flower adds so much dimension. Love the thin frame of red that really makes the card pop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Susan. I love your soft watercolouring, bright red berries and thin red border. I am loving all your new Christmas cards my friend. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Lovely watercolouring, Susan. Great use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, lovely flower and watercolouring and the beads just finish it off.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est vrai que ce tampon est juste parfait pour ce thème Susan et tes ponsettias sont superbes, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the simplicity of the Christmas colours and the pretty pearls at the centre :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.