A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 4 April 2017

April Showers = Dandelions

I made a card today for two recent SCS challenges - the CAS challenge "April Showers" and the Ways to Use It challenge "That’s What the Doctor Ordered".

Because I'm using a stencil and two stamps that I've never used before (and I've had the sentiment stamp for many years!!), I'm also entering it in Darnell's NBUS challenge.

April showers is definitely what I'm experiencing today - very dreary and drizzling all day. So a good day to make a card!


I started by stamping the dandelion in black ink. Then I laid the raindrops stencil over it and sponged with two shades of blue ink. I added the sentiment once I removed the stencil so that I could think about its placement amongst the raindrops.

I trimmed the panel down and added a thin strip of black cs to the right side to balance the sentiment. The panel is popped up on fun foam and a bit of Wink of Stella added to the centres of the dandelion seeds and to the little sprigs at the bottom.

I know the showers help my flowers to grow but they seem even more successful at getting the dandelions to grow! I need to get out and weed the garden!





Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta dandelion, Gina K sentiment
Ink - MFT Black Licorice, Memento Summer Sky, Distress Tumbled Glass
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp raindrops stencil, Wink of Stella, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. I love all the elements of your pretty get well card, Susan! That is a great font on your NBUS sediment and an awesome raindrop stencil! I really like the black edge strip, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #11! I hope the sun comes out and the flowers take over the weeds!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over from Darnell's to say I love, love LOVE your beautiful card!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stencilling is the perfect back drop for those two stamps, love those blues :D How smart to double stamp, adding the black strip is the perfect balance. Beautiful card, warm hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The children love the dandelions! And those bright spots of yellow are uplifting after winter. My mother, grandmother and aunts used to get excited about the dandelions and dig the greens up and cook them. I didn't like them much because they are pretty bitter, but my uncle made some good wine from them once! Love the stenciled raindrops that are making your dandelions grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Susan. We sure are getting a lot of rain right now. Not fun being out in the garden on rainy days. :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dandelion stamp is now on my must have list. Love the stenciled rain drops perfect for our weather at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Dandelion silhouette against the rainy stencilled background. Gorgeous card! Popped over from Darnell. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I just love the idea of this card! The raindrops are so appropriate for us here too- with a few snowflakes in there! That stamp is awesome! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. And I always liked dandelions. We are to get a good chance of rain maybe Sunday and Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.