A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 28 February 2017

First Signs of Spring

Vancouver has had a crazy winter - lots more snow and colder temperatures than normal.  But the birds are coming back and the snowdrops in my garden have been coming up.  Here are some almost ready to flower in the rock wall in my front yard despite the snow:


So when SCS's CAS Challenge was "Think Spring" this week, I immediately thought of a stamp I have of snowdrops in snow and created this card:


It's stamped and watercoloured, framed with a die cut frame, and a tiny bit of glitter put on some of the snow.

For those of you in the northern hemisphere, I hope you're seeing some signs of spring!






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai watercolour paints, MFT Pierced Rectangle frame die, glitter, Quickie glue pen




1 comment:

  1. Love this image Susan ... really does look like it's from here. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.