A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16 February 2017

CAS Watercolour "Love" Reminder

Have you joined us in the February CAS Watercolour challenge yet?


Here's  a reminder card to help inspire you:


I started out by laying my stencil over a piece of watercolour paper.  I sprinkled two shades of red brushos over the openings in the stencil, spritzed with water, and quickly removed the stencil.  When it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment.  The watercolour panel is popped up on fun foam for some dimension.

For a tutorial on this technique, please see Loll Thompson's video here.

The Design Team has created some more wonderful cards to inspire you so be sure to head over to CAS Watercolour and check them out.






Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI Vintage Cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TCW stencil, clear embossing powder, red brushos, fun foam




5 comments:

  1. LOVE this artsy design Susan. Those stenciled hearts just perfectly frame that amazing sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made your beautiful quote as your main image and decorated with your pretty Brushos stenciled hearts. TFS Susan. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique and so classy. Fabulous sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and bright stencilling Susan using your Brushos and it frames the lovely sentiment perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sentiment and the way you've framed it with these gorgeous stenciled hearts! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.