A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 5 October 2016

A Variation on Autumn Watercolour

The other day I made a card for the new CAS Watercolour challenge.  I mentioned in that post that my first attempt had too much water and it flowed all around the leaf images.  I was going to toss that attempt but I really liked the leaves so decided to fussy cut the leaves to get rid of the excess colour all around them.  Here's the card I made with those leaves:


For the technique of colouring the leaves, see the earlier blog post here.

The background is a sprinkling of blue bister on coated cs, spritzed with water and allowed to air dry.  The leaves are popped up on it with foam tape.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white on a scrap of dark brown cs.

The whole panel is popped up on a piece of fun foam.

I'm entering this version in the CAS Watercolour challenge along with my earlier version.  You have until October 24th to come and join in with a clean and simple watercolour card with an autumnal theme.






Supplies:
Stamps - SU French Foliage leaves, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white and brown cs, coated cs, watercolour paper
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - blue Bister, white embossing powder, foam tape, fun foam



4 comments:

  1. Great save of those beautiful leaves Susan. Love the soft colour of bister for the background, which really make your leaves pop. Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to save your gorgeous Fall leaves, Susan. I agree with Loll...your soft watercolored Bister background really makes your fussy cut leaves pop. Love your Fall sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great save, Susan! These leaves are too pretty to trash! They look gorgeous on that washed background! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bkg...love the look of the flowers...love it all mf.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.