A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 19 May 2016

Peace Dove Cards - Set 2

Here are the next in the series of Christmas cards with a dove / peace theme my friend has requested for this coming Christmas.  And again, I used the same stamp in slightly different ways.


For this one, I stamped and heat embossed the dove, watercoloured it, went over the berries with a glue pen and added red glitter, and cut around the outer lines of the stamp (the straight lines are part of the stamp).

I added it to a dark green card base and die cut a sentiment out of watercolour paper that I put a pale blue wash on to match the pale blue in the dove.


For this one, I stamped and heat embossed the dove, watercoloured it, went over the berries with glossy accents, and cut around the outer lines of the stamp (the straight lines are part of the stamp).

I bordered it with green shimmer cs and decided to leave it without a sentiment as I liked the look of it as is.





Supplies:
Stamps: Serendipity
Paper: watercolour paper, dark green cs, white cs, pale green shimmer cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: watercolour paints, red glitter, clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz peace on earth die

3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful designs Susan. Your friend is going to love these cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the darker and lighter versions of your peace cards for your friend. What a great idea to add liquid glue and red glitter to your 1st card. TFS Susan. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing the difference the background color makes! Two more beauties! You'll have a happy friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.