A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 June 2015

An Inspired Wreath


Here is my first attempt at posting a card!  It's one I just did for the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - to be inspired by a photo on a Pinterest board of wreaths.  I chose this one.

As soon as I saw the photo, I thought of an old Penny Black stamp I haven't used for quite awhile. It even has a bow as part of the image. I kept the colour scheme subtle like the Pinterest photo. I stamped and heat embossed the wreath in gold and bordered it with gold cs to match the gold in the dp.


This is a pretty straightforward card - the style I consistently made when I started out years ago (and still enjoy making).  As my blog progresses, you'll see a whole variety of styles as I've evolved in all sorts of directions.

It's also a card with stars on it (though only in the background this time) - you'll see stars quite frequently!

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Adornment
Paper: white and gold cs, SEI dp
Paper Size: 4.75" square
Ink: ColorBox Gold
Accessories: gold embossing powder, Nesties circles, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. So pretty Susan. I have this same stamp, and it's really elegant done in gold. Love the starry background. Great job posting your first card on your blog!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that wreath. So elegant in the gold! Beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Susan! There's nothing more elegant than gold and white! You are off and running, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wreath Susan. This is my favorite wreath stamp. I tried last year to find one with no luck. Thanks for the reminder. I will try again. Happy Blogging and Stamping mf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and I live it done in those soft tones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous, Susan!! Welcome to Blogland!! I'm delighted that Loll convinced you to start a blog and I'm pleased to be one of your new followers! I also want to congratulate you on the news of your appointment to one of the HLS teams!! Exciting!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.